What You Need
- White Vinegar
- A Clean, Dry or Damp Cloth
- Unplug the Keurig machine.
- Remove the washable parts and wash them in warm water. This includes the water holder, K-cup holder in the top compartment along with the drip tray at the bottom.
- Wipe down the rest of the machine with the cloth.
- Put back in the parts you removed and plug it in.
- Fill the water reservoir with vinegar (enough to make at least 4 cups of coffee). Start the brew cycle without inserting a K-Cup. Discard the hot vinegar that’s dumped in the mug. Repeat this until the reservoir is empty.
- Leave the Keurig on for 4 hours. The residual vinegar will breakdown any remaining gunk in your machine.
- Repeat Step 5 again now with just water. This will rinse any last bit of vinegar out of your machine’s system.
Congrats! You’re ready to use your spotless Keurig, and now you don’t have to worry about gross gunk diluting the taste of your delicious coffee.
Sharing the recipe is simple, click the f button below to share it with your friends. To print the recipe please click the green printer icon.