I love this cake in fall but its good anytime of the year. Its a dense cake but its very moist.The tartness of the apples , all the spices and the slight hint of the citrus from the orange compliment eachother nicely.It has a slightly crisp outside and the inside is moist and full of apples and pecans. I really like it for breakfast with a cup of coffee but its good anytime of day.
Nothing bundt thankful for bundt cakes !! LOL, seriously I love easy cakes baked in a simple tube pan with a nice thick glaze drizzled on it. This granny smith apple bundt cake is simply everything fall crammed into one cake. In south Louisiana when we get our first cool front I want two things…Gumbo and this cake. I have the chicken and sausage gumbo simmering and this cake baking .. I can honestly say this is what heaven must smell like. The cake is tender on the inside with big chunks of apples in every bite. The spices are perfectly balanced with the citrus undertones and has a nice crunch from the pecans.
We swear that the autumn leaves began to fall just as we pulled this delicious cake from the oven. What a wonderful way to welcome in the season!
- 2 c sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 c vegetable oil
- 1 orange (squeeze juice save peel for zest)
- 3 call-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 Tbsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 3 large Granny Smith apples peeled and cored and cubed in small pieces
- 1 c chopped pecans
- 1 c powdered sugar
- 1 tsp orange zest
- 1 dash(es)orange extract (optional)
- 1 Tbsp milk (depending on how thick you want your glaze)
How to Make Granny Smith Apple Bundt Cake
- Prepare Bundt pan (butter and flour or Baker’s Joy) and preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Begin mixing sugar, eggs, oil, and orange juice. Then slowly add all of the dry ingredients. Add apples and pecans last. This batter should be very thick and dense.
- Pour batter in Bundt pan and bake for 1 hour and 15 min or until a tester comes out clean.
- Turn cake onto a plate and allow to cool.
- Mix glaze to the consistency you would like it.
- Drizzle the cake with the glaze and enjoy!
Sharing the recipe is simple, click the f button below to share it with your friends. To print the recipe please click the green printer icon.