- 1 1/4 lb sea scallops side muscle removed
- 1 1/2 Tbsp olive oil
- 3 Tbsp butter
- 2 c lovegarlic minced
- 2 Tbspfresh lemon juice
- 11/2 Tbsp fresh chopped parsley
- salt and pepper
How to Make Garlic Lemon Butter Seared Scallops
- Pat the scallops dry with paper towels and sprinkle with a pinch of salt right before cooking.
- Add olive oil and 1 tablespoon butter to a large saute pan over medium high heat. Get the fat good and hot and almost to smoking point. Add scallops and sear for 1 1/2 -2 minutes on each side. They should have a golden crust on each side. Do not overcrowd the pan so if necessary cook in batches. As cooked remove to plate.
- Wipe out skillet. Add 2 tablespoons butter to same skillet over low heat. Add garlic and cook until fragrant; about 1 minute. Add lemon juice and return scallops to pan. Warm scallops for 1-2 minutes; turning several times to get them in the lemon butter. Sprinkle with parsley, salt and pepper to taste and serve immediately.
Sharing the recipe is simple, click the f button below to share it with your friends. To print the recipe please click the green printer icon.